6.24.2005

Traitor

With my impendng hair appointment tomorrow to get my beloved red covered up with a more neutral color, I sit here feeling like I gave in to "the man". I love love love my red hair (as if you couldn't tell by the 500 pics I've uploaded), but I hate my job and as long as I can get it put immediately back in, I guess that's okay. It's only hair right? But am I letting the system get me down? I was all fired up about not changing for a stupid job, etc. I suppose I'm still not, I'm just changing to get past the interview process. Ugh.

How stupid is a culture that judges you based on your hair color!?! Have we gotten past skin color and moved on to more nit-picking? This affects NOBODY but because I might harm a first impression with an employer, I need to tone it down at least for the interview process. I feel for that 500 lb. girl that had to get a special chair. Jesus. At least I can go to the salon and lay down some bucks to change what someone might not like. Can you imagine someone having to warn them before you go in about your weight? I would be mortified.

Yea, it's just hair and changing it a bit might land me a job that doesn't make me want to take a gun to the top of the Wrigley building on a daily basis. That's not giving in too much. Little do they know that after I'm hired, I'm turning it blue, pulling out my goth clothes and only speaking about myself in third person. That will show em' you can't judge an employee by their interview!

So a little change: Onward, brunette hair and all.

(Thanx to Mr. 525, Mrs. T. & Jennifer for the compliments on how I handled that dumb ass recruiter, by the way. I needed it that day.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

I'm super anxious to see your new hair!!! Please update soon!

10:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home