6.17.2005

How about you do your job, and I'll do mine

I just got back from yet another FRUSTRATING and probably pointless interview with a recruiting agency. It started okay, I filled out the forms and waited with bated breath. My first clue should have been her first reaction to my resume: "You've only worked 2 jobs?" Yea, you stupid bitch. 2 jobs for the past 8 years! It's called LOYALTY to a company. What the fuck? Then she says, "Well did you work anywhere during high school?"

Never in my entire career as an adult have I had to list where I worked in high school. Mostly because I'm pretty sure my short stint as a Big Bird skater for children's parties and Taco Bell isn't going to help me in any career I choose, especially an office career. But yep, I had to list it.

Then she tells me my scores were all great for the stupid, outdated typing/MS Office tests but that I am "funky" and might be hard to place because of my hair and tattoos. Let's work through that last one. I have red highlights and one tattoo band around my ankle. I don't have a mohawk or neon green hair. I don't have tattooed naked lady sleeves. I have one simple ankle bracelet which can be covered up with pants. But my hair??? What in the holy fuck does that have to do with my ability to type a god damn letter?

She says, "It's too bad you couldn't have got that tattoo on your arm instead so it could be hidden with a sleeve."

I have NEVER EVER had anyone comment on this before in a job interview or recruiting office. Because guess what? I CAN WEAR PANTS, in fact, I'd prefer it.

So I left super frustrated. She had 2 jobs to place me in, only one of which I'm actually interested in and it pays the same at this at least. So we'll see if I get the interview. I was sooo pissed when I left I blared some Dropkick Murphys and screamed/sung until I felt better.

This is bullshit.

Oh, and I have to work this weekend. I was just informed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr 5.25 said...

I swear, I was listening to the Dropkick Murphys on pc as I checked out your blog entry. Gotta love the song "Dirty Glass".

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Kitten said...

That is the exact song I was listening too. That is really weird.

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home