6.24.2005

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice

Time for that 1:30 p.m., mocha light frappacino, Friday, work day slump....so why not show you babies!!

In 2 short weeks I get to go back to Ohio for GWO and cuddle up with the little monkey as well as her new best friend, Ava. I plan on fasting for about 3 days prior to boarding the plane because once I see these two in person, I'm sure my insulin levels will blow off the charts due to sweetness consumed.

I know I'm not technically their aunt, but that's what I call myself because "your mother's friend" is a bit long in the tooth for a one-year-old. Let me tell you though, I llooooovvvvveeee being an aunt. I swear theMan has to shut me up from gushing about how Gracie sits on her own or Ava's tiny little legs and hands. I've already started the paperwork to borrow against my 401K for all the adorable little Halloween things from Target I plan on buying this year.

It's not just about buying them things, I realize. But I'm 200+ miles away darn it. I figure when they grow up and need advice on boys or how to explain to their mom they just dyed their hair purple, I can give them that too.

I'm such a sucker for them too. For once in my life, little babies crying doesn't bother me. I imagine when Gracie starts talking here shortly, the minute she figures out how to say, "Aunt Kitten" I'll be just a puddle with a floating credit card on top for her to grab with her chubby little fingers to use at will at Toys R' Us.

The best part, besides having these adorable little creatures on the planet, is that my friend's are rockstar moms! Completely, utterly inspiring. They love their kids fiercely, isn't that what we want from parents? Awww...makes the world seem like it's not spiraling towards the opening scenes from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Awww, Auntie Kitten. We're so glad you love us so much and can't wait to spend all weekend with you in two short weeks! Love, Grace (translation of the below message)

jk luuuuuuuuuuuuuuxlkl y bhjh8m ngb c m. xc

8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home