3.22.2005

BMW

Lately, as per usual, I'm in that 2 week slump again with my job where I desperately want out. This morning a guy in an expensive car blew through a stop sign when we were tyring to pass. I immediately thought to myself.....Wow, those kind of asshole are who we help in the business I'm currently employed in.

That sucks.

I also looked up when I got off the train and said out loud, "I would not miss working downtown."

Time to send that resume adrift on a sea of job applications.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance Michael said...

careful...I see all walks of people doing that kind of shit. Yesterday while on the train...I sat next to this really straight laced looking businessman...I had to ask him to scoot over so I could sit because his formal long coat was covering the other seat...he was on his cell phone. As I sat pulling out The Sandman: Seasons of Mist I felt like I despised this kind of person. He pulled out a book and started reading as well...I happend to look over to see what he was reading and it was American God's by Neil Gaiman...I started to laugh and asked him if he liked Neil Gaiman...and he said yeah...and I showed him what I was reading...this guy looked to be in his mid thirties pushing 40...but we had a really great conversation about Neil Gaiman...and as he left he told me to care and it was nice talking to me and I said likewise. I judged this guy and didn't realize that there was only a very small differance between us...it made my day.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Kitten said...

You'll notice in my blog I didn't say the guy was an asshole because he drove a nice car.

He's an asshole because he about ran us over to what appeared to be to get into the parking garage a second faster and not have to stop at the red light. Secondly, I grouped him in with the long list of pushy, rich people my employer helps to not have to pay certain taxes.

I think it's a fair metaphor for our clients.

3:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home