2.09.2005

Father forgive them, they know not what they do

I overheard my co-workers talking about this throughout the morning and couldn't believe it was real. Virginia proposed ticketing people wearing pants so low you can see their underwear. My sheep-like co-workers think this is a fabulous idea. I'm flabbergasted. Do we really want government officials or even police being the ones to tell us what to wear? And I think we can be a little more honest and say this is directed at black men. I assume they are referring to the style worn by rappers, etc. that they are targeting. I'm pretty sure they aren't talking about white girls in the suburbs? But I could be wrong. Ugh...can I take a raincheck on this administration? For instance, everyone who wants to evolve gets a piece of land, maybe the Coasts, and the repressed religious right could have Kansas?

No news on the sister front. I realized something last night. It never ends. The worrying about her never, ever ends. Is that what loving someone unconditionally is about? Is this what having children feels like in a way? Then again, maybe not. But it hurts alot of the time, whatever this is.

Today is Ash Wednesday I guess. So I get to see people with ashes on their head. It always takes me by surprise a little until I remember. My PC (psychotic co-worker) is fasting today and giving up chocolate for Lent because her mother always does. So no, she still hasn't decided to give up talking or being a bitch for Lent, like I'd want. I think that's what Jesus would want her to do? Don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home