12.08.2004

Bad Wife

I did the unspeakable last night. I made my husband rent a Romantic Comedy. Eeeep. I know, I know. I couldn't help it. I love his usual choices, but I couldn't wrap my head around any documentaries on how Bush is destroying America or that Fox News is evil, so I picked this one. I was in the mood for something funny, sweet and a little on the girlie side and he was with me at the movie store, so, well, there you have it.

Even though it turned out to not be totally sappy and even kinda funny, overall, the movie kinda sucked. Here's my public apology: Sorry honey.

Other than that though, we met up with some friends for dinner and coffee. I am making it my personal quest to talk this little coffee shop we love into making peppermint mochas. I feel bad buying from Starbucks, but dang they are goooooood. We go to the independently owned one almost nightly at this point, so I guess that takes some of my guilt away.

On our way home we drove past some houses all decked out in lights and such. I feel like I'm in a foreign country with weird lightbulb fetishes. I tell ya, I'm just not in the mood. It doesn't feel anything like Christmas this year to us. Maybe that's why I'm not my usual depressed self! I just don't care and am looking forward to our vacation so much. Not only that but one of my best friends is due to deliver her baby in a week. So yea, just got other important things on my mind.

Who needs Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home