12.07.2004

Party Schmarty

This Friday is our annual company Christmas party. Or otherwise known as An Evening to Witness the Following: Boss's drunken thank you speech, using both the word "fuck" and "god" in the same speech, sometimes the same sentence. A competition for the "Lampshade Award" for most drunken imbecile. Yea, I get to hand over my crown this year and I might get a little misty-eyed. Lastly, a chance to eat about $500 in food per person all COMPLETELY FREE.

Usually I look forward to it, mostly for the food and beverage and a chance to wear high heels and a slutty dress around people that only ever see me in jeans and a ponytail. This year, well, not so much. Now they are talking of lay-offs and I'm sure my husband will be the first to go. I have wanted to leave for a long time and I'm now to the point where I don't hardly even speak to anyone here anymore. Not even to really joke around. And don't get me started on the bile I feel crawl up my throat when my PC (psychotic co-worker) opens her gaping face wound to talk about herself NON-FUCKING-STOP. I can't even stand the sound of her dragging her cloven feet on her path past my desk to the printer. Now, that's just petty.

I am to a point where I don't think I will be staying here much next year so this might be my last celebration with these people. And honestly, I don't think I'm going to miss anything about this place except the pay and seeing theMan all day. I think my boss was right. I just don't care, not one single ounce.

So on Friday I plan on huddling in a corner with theMan and pretending we are on a date alone, and we just so happened to be at the same restaurant with people we work with. I hope no one notices us, except when our glasses need a refill. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home