12.06.2004

Monday, ugh

This weekend proved to be mega-relaxing in a much needed way. Let's recap, shall we?

Friday I watched some flicks with Jzn on the 8 foot couch while theMan made crazy sounds and musical escapades up a short flight of stairs. Saturday we went book shopping at our favorite occult and used bookstores on Milwaukee. I found great deals and even got a book of poetry my sister had been looking for all for under $5.00! Plus, well even if you don't buy anything, the occult bookstore is an experience in itself.

Followed that up with Christmas shopping with Jzn, which turned into a flipping great coffee and chat time as well. Met up theMan at our coffee shop for some quiche and watched "Elf" until we all passed out.

Yesterday was much pajama time while I worked on some photo projects for x-mas gifts. Nice, nice, nice.

However, something scary happened to a friend of ours that makes me want to get all reactionary and go live in the country. Lance, our pal, was parking his car on a side street and walking to his apartment when he noticed a mini-van following him slowly. I guess an old guy was in the van and asked him if he needed a ride. Lance said no and kept walking. I guess the guy got a little more aggressive and told him to "get in the van." So Lance ran home and called the police.

I realize it's a big city, there are lots of weirdos, but damn if that doesn't give me the heeby-jeebies. I'm just glad he's okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home