9.01.2004

Damn you Grant Morrison

I finished reading the The Invisibles last night about 1:00 a.m. Any of you read this epic series? My goodness. I can admit when I don't understand something, for instance "The Matrix" or "Donnie Darko". I don't get it totally okay? And I've watched them both about 20 times. And well, I can't totally wrap my head around this story either. There I said it. However, that doesn't mean they aren't all breathtakingly well-written. (Speaking of "The Matrix," I think those Wachowski brothers have some explaining to do to Mr. Morrison.)

Anyways, this comic series threw together conspiracy theories, tantric or occult teachings, and even name dropped some of my favorite authors almost within the first 2 books. I sit here now without words to explain or summarize this comic in a way that is half as eloquent as it was originally written. I just know as I read it I couldn't put it down and I cannot wait to start over on the series and read it again.

My favorite comic series of all time is the Sandman series, followed by Hellblazer and the Preacher comix...however, The Invisibles has now moved into the NO. 2 spot. For something to be almost as good as "The Sandman" series in my world is like winning the Pulitzer. Well done Mr. Morrison, you sexy son of a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home