8.24.2004

Very scary

Last night we loaded up on brauts, steaks, portabello mushrooms, baked beans, cheesecake, mango rum (yes, Bacardi, Eric!) and beer (lots of beer) and headed out to a little patch of land behind our pals house for a cook-out jamboree to thank the guys for helping with the big movie project we filmed Sunday.

In true white people fashion we had all the fixin's: Guns N' Roses on the ghetto blaster, mixed fruity drinks and turkish Wizard of Oz on the TV upstairs. Okay, well not all of that is typical white people fashion, but it could be with a little imagination. Side note: if you enjoy drugs, get really high and watch anything Turkish, it will blow your mind.

The food was incredible, and the night was simply gorgeous so sitting outside in the city surrounded by good buds on a summer night was a phenomenal time. A summer night full of laughs that makes you stop and think, "Damn, this has been one of the best summers of my life."

The only downer was after the party.

Living in the city can be scary, but fortunately we haven't had too many bad experiences. Until last night as we were walking home from the cookout. We left our car because we were drunk so we started walking home, which is only about 3 blocks away. This guy gets off the neighbor's porch (he doesn't live there) as we walk past and follows behind us for 2 blocks. theMan gets on his cell and calls back to the house telling them to come outside for help. So we circle around and the guy still follows us. I yell at him to "Fuck off" and he starts in with "I just want to ask you a question, come on. I don't mean any trouble."

As we walk up to the pals house again they are all out on the porch. The guy follows us all the way up to their porch. He starts saying he just wanted to ask me a question about his girlfriend and he doesn't want any trouble. He just wants to talk to me. Ugh. The guy is obviously drunk but I wonder, would he have followed us all the way home?

I am quite shaky at this point but feeling much better with all of our friends out there. I stand behind Lance as he yells at him just to feel safe. He was outnumbered but I guess the drama queen in me is running through my mind what could have happened were I alone or theMan alone. Things get a little heated, we all are telling him to fuck off and go home, etc. He just won't leave so they keep him there why we walk home to safety. Every few steps checking behind us.

Once home we get a call from the pals that the cops did come (no one called but we told the guy we did). On our way home we saw cops with their lights off circling the block so I assume it was those cops. The cops threw his beer bottle on the sidewalk and smashed it as they yelled at him. Turns out the drunk guy was evicted from an apartment we were suppose to go look at last month and has been living under the porch. Glad we didn't take that apartment! He argued with the cops and wouldn't go home. I guess finally they got the guy back across the street and took off.

Shortly after the cops leave, the drunk guy comes back out shirtless and starts yelling and screaming about God directed towards our friend's house. The cops come again and take him to their police car for a talk and, I hope, a search.

Eventually they let him go and it was quiet, at least as far as I know. I must explain, our neighborhood is really nice, but it's a big city. You can't have 3 million people without a few whackos here and there. Still, I won't be walking home alone ever now.

I'm trying to not think about what could have happened because nothing really did. Still, I'm a little unnerved. Seeing someone following you in the middle of the night is really fucking scary.

Looks like my hunting knife is going back in my purse.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bacardi doesnt have a mango rum lol, you should have taken Bacardi 151, then you could have used it and a lighter on the guy.

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Jent said...

Just tell him: HEY. I WILL beat yer ass if yew don't git off my porch, motherfucker.

7:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home