8.23.2004

Go Zomie Go

Another productive weekend that I feel I must share.

Friday I worked on some film rewrites with Jen K. and did some film editing for my cousin's wedding. Man, film editing is like a good drug or a good man--keeps you up all night and satisfied.

Saturday my family came up and we went site seeing by taking a boat ride down the Chicago River, which was lovely. After they left, we watched a movie that literally blew my freaking mind. Takashi Miike is a favorite film director of one of our friends, and we loved "The Happiness of the Katakuris" but his film, Visitor Q, was incredible. I just can't explain it other than it's shocking but beautiful. At the end we all sorta felt like it was a really touching story, but it really shouldn't have been. I don't know, I'm not good at reviews, I just know what I like.

Yesterday however, was a big one. We went to the Air & Water show until about 3:00 then headed back to work on the film. Ended up filming 5 scenes, which included completing the entire Zombie Compound footage as well as the last Culture Jamming sequence. It took until about 2 a.m. but god damn, it was worth it. Fortunately, because we were all exhausted we got tons of good outtakes too. This sucker is definitely going to have some "special features" sections.

It's going so well it's scary. We've only refilmed one scene and that's just because we didn't love the lighting. Everyone is doing a great job. I don't even mind coming home with bruises, last night even got some on the palm of my hands from being thrown. But you know what, I freaking don't mind one bit! We've got a huge scene coming up back in my hometown in 2 weeks. So all you C'ville people that read this, save Labor Day for us!!

My dad called yesterday and was stoked about being a zombie. He said, "What's my motivation?" To which I replied, "Brains, other people got them and you want them." His response: "Kitten, that's the story of my life."

Hee hee.

And now, theMan's gnarly saying for the week:
"Make like a fetus, and head out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home