8.13.2004

One more for the road

Just got the official word from my mother, or as I like to refer to her information giving abilities as "Truth Filter," regarding my sister's status and decisions after her "graduation" from Godville in September.

She's decided to take an internship at Godville for the next 6 months (I think it's 6 mos, might be a year) and live in a house there for interns. She gets a little more "leave" time so she's going to take it at Christmas and her birthday. Mom also mentioned something about college classes but I'm not quite buying that. When my sister explained the internships, they sounded just as rigorous as the actual program. So I'm guessing no time for classes and fun.

I write these posts about her not really caring who reads them. I know I can be cynical and one-sided, but that's me and that's how all this bullshit for the past 5+ years has got me. But my feelings on this decision aren't as cynical. Maybe I'm slowly healing too. I am so glad she's not going back home, hell I'm glad she's not going back into the state, let alone our hometown. While I don't necessary believe in their religion, I do strongly believe that she will adapt to whoever she's surrounded by, that's been proven. So if god-zombies are helping her stay healthy, making her brain function again and giving her life purpose, more power to them. She will never get that back in C'ville. She will certainly never get that on her own. And she never got that in the 5+ rehabs we sent her too.

One of the perks is that Sis will get to come home for Christmas this year and I know that will make my mother and father happier than they've been. Which they deserve after putting up with all this shit. So yea, there you have it, Kitten is actually happy about something my sister is doing. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home