5.14.2004

Hi-5's All Around

Weekend....wooooo hooooo! Come on 5:00 p.m., I want to get the F out of here!

Friday Five time folks and strangely this one is about hair.

1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight?
My hair is naturally thick, majorly thick, like a blanket. Being thick makes it wavy, that and many forced horrid perms from my mother when I was younger.

2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?
I wore it long, almost down to my ass crack for most of my life up until about 3 years ago. I also recently discovered the reason some people go to salons and not "Supercuts" for hair styles. (I adore you Peter, whereever you are.)

I had a mullet in middle school, but who didn't. Colors I've had: pink, blue, red, dark red-brown, and green hair intermittently. I have had god awful perms and god awful feathered layers. Currently, it's really short and light blonde.

3. How do your normally wear your hair?
On my head.

4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?
If I was more brave I'd dye it jet black and grow it out like Bettie Page just to see what I'd look like.

5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?
Pretty much every hair style I've ever had up until I met Peter was a disaster. I learned not to expect much until now.

A funny "disaster", at least according to my mother, was when I didn't realize they were having school picture day on Halloween and I dyed my hair 4 different colors before going to school in the 6th grade. Picture day was really really important to my mother and she about passed out when she got the pictures back. She eventually framed it and put it on the stairway with the rest of the family pics.

Additional Friday 5 Because It's Halloween Related and I'm bored:

1.) What was your first Halloween costume?
I have no idea what my first costume was, but I remember 2 that stand out. One year my mom got me an inflatable deodorant can as a costume. It was so awesome! It had an arm on the front and my head was the sprayer. My mom does manage to totally get me sometimes.

The second one was a homemade horse costume that my sister and I both wore together. Guess which end I was? Yep, the ass. My sister rarely lets me forget it either.

2.) What was your best costume and why?
I have had many great ones but I really liked last year's costume the best. It took me 6 months to make it and I felt really giddy and pretty in it the whole time.

3.) Did you ever play a trick on someone who didn't give you a treat?
The most I did was soap windows with a friend but that was because we were in that weird age between dressing up and going to major parties. So why not.

4.) Do you have any Halloween traditions?
Since we've moved to Chicago, our tradition is to meet up with the Lombards, throw a party and go to Echo Gallery for their Halloween exhibition. Then, of course, come back home and get shit-faced.

5.) Any favorite scary stories or legends?
I don't have a favorite but I always loved going to cemetaries, abandoned houses or "Spooky Hallow" bridge in my hometown when I was a kid.

Well, that's that. I'll try to take pics of our outings this weekend to share with you all. Do you have any plans?

Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home