4.02.2004

Well hey there. Funny how life picks up all at once. This week has been so productive and this weekend is looking good too.

We're going to a hobby shop in the suburbs on Saturday so theMan can buy some gas for his truck. I promised him I'd make him a short film so he can fit in with the other truck-junkies. Then we're going to see Hellboy!!! Yay! Sunday it's shopping, shopping, shopping. I've got to get started on my Halloween costume, it is 7 months away for crying out loud.

If you missed it yesterday, I pity you. MXC was on for 14 hours on Spike TV yesterday and my god it was brilliant. Of course I couldn't sit through 14 hours, but the 2 hours I caught caused a layer of my ass to fall off from laughing so hard. Followed up by the new South Park, General Tso and some Halo.....well, you can't beat a night like that with a stick.

Oh, and here's my Friday Five.

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? Gosh...probably well over 20. theMan and I have lived in at least 6 (we move every year) and when I was living with my parents I moved almost every 2-3 years. That explains a lot actually.

2. Which was your favorite and why? My favorite with theMan was this big 2 bedroom house in my hometown. The hometown part of it sucked, but the house was so awesome. Central Air, full basement, 2 car garage, huge rooms....aw. It is easy to appreciate once you move into a 800 sq. ft. apartment.

My favorite from my childhood? That's a tough one. Probably when I lived with my drunk stepdad. To apologize for breaking my mom's arm he made me a room with everything in the walls. My nintendo & TV, my bed, everything. It was really neat. I distinctly remember waking up and being able to look out the window by my feet because the bed was probably 5 feet off the ground. But I've got fond memories of a lot of my houses so it's hard to pick.

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why? I find the finding a house part nerve-racking but the moving really fun. Probably why I do it yearly. I like to decorate and re-organize my things. There's something to be said for changing things to change up the energy in a place.

4. What's more important, location or price? In Chicago, location. You can find a cheap house but if it's in the ghetto, no dice.

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)? Let's see...a HUGE bathroom, stainless steel everything kitchen and a room that is so full of windows and sunlight it doesn't need electricity. I also want a barn and I don't want to see any neighbors. I enjoy being naked at home so if I could be in my yard naked or working out in the shop/barn naked, that would be ideal.

There ya go. Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home