3.26.2004

You know when you're driving somewhere that is a long way away and you can finally see the skyline of the city or place in the distance. You feel relief and even press the gas a little to hurry up and get there? That's how I feel today. I feel like I'm finally starting to feel like happy old Mistress again. And that, my blogging friends, is such a relief.

I forced myself to do something last night to get out of this funk and it worked! I started to clean up a friend's darkroom equipment so we can maybe build one in his basement. I'm a nerd but being surrounded by photo equipment is the equivalent to huffing glue to some people. Such a high...I could have stayed all night. Then I also started brainstorming a few other projects. I guess I figured out I gotta stay busy and creative or I go batshit insane.

Anyways, zombies is the word for today. We're going to go see "Dawn of the Dead" at a spooky midnight showing tonight with some pals. I can't wait. I get off on the excitment of having the bejeezus scared out of me. Like most things, the build-up is better than the final product.

Other than that, pretty calm weekend plans. I think we're going to go run theMan's truck at the park with a pal and hopefully just generally hang out and have some laughs. theMan figured out his birthday present so I gotta go find something else too.....he always does, I don't know why I'm so shocked. Plus, this will be the first weekend in awhile where I'm not going to be drunk, so my body is stoked about that.

Oh, I've got several DVD's on their way to my house so I will put up some reviews on those as well next week. "F for Fake" by Orson Welles, a Joe Coleman documentary and a few others, plus the Coffin Joe trilogy. I love ebay.

Well, I'm off. Have a good weekend.

SIDE NOTE: If any of you have good places to read reviews or buy odd movies, let me know. I've found a couple but want more. Thanx.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home