7.25.2006

Congratulations to Heather

This past weekend we went to one of the original GWO members’ Bachelorette party. It was serious fun (if you didn’t see the pictures of the stripper in Flickr, I’d suggest making some quiet time for yourself and check it out) but most of all it was sweet to see Heather so happy. Her fiancé is just her type: funny, gets her totally and shares her love of margaritaville. It was very cute to see her all excited and in love and ready for the last week of single-womanness.

Most of all though, it was refreshing to see someone at the point where they are so giddy inside about their relationship that it’s overwhelming. It’s just the beginning of their marriage and they are adorable about it. It made me a wee nostalgic for that time in my life where I rushed home to see my man because I couldn’t take another second of not knowing what he was thinking, doing or wearing.

Not that 10 years of togetherness has made us cold and uncaring, but there is something about those first few years, isn’t there?

Being around them together for only an hour made me feel like they were absolutely doing the right thing for each other. I’m so glad she has found someone to make her happy.

I suppose I’m feeling a little sappy for a Tuesday. I just keep thinking that with all the weddings and babies this year, it’s a good year to reflect a bit. Enjoy people’s happiness.

I also need to get laid, but that’s beside the point.

Another thing that happened at the party was seeing a group of women, probably in their 50’s, being loud and outrageous and cheering each other on. I kept stealing glances at my girls and thinking, “Damn I want to do this with these girls when we are in our 50’s.” Hell, I want to do this when we are in our 90’s.

Life is pretty fucking short, isn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home