7.23.2006

Bachelorettes


The original GWO
Originally uploaded by MizVoid.
I had my girls come in for a weekend full of booze, boys and blueberries. Saturday morning we met the T's for the farmers market where we again filled our trunk, or mostly, and followed them out to a blueberry farm. Since we go through about 2 pints a week, picking our own for $1.50 a pound makes waaaay more sense than buying them in the store. Turns out Gracie loves them too.

Once she figured out they were edible, we could no longer exploit her for manual labor. Instead she went from tree to tree, even other people's buckets filling her tiny fist with berries and stuffing them in her mouth. Jen gave the people an extra $0.50 for the 1/2 pound we were sure Gracie consumed while we were there.

Later we went to Heather's bachelorette party since she is due to get hitched next Saturday. We first stopped by her house which was gorgeous. I didn't take pictures, but she built it herself (at least the inside). Pretty amazing.

Then we went to the fire hall for the booze and boys portion of our weekend. The party was scary at first since no one would really talk to us, but we just drank and mingled and took over the stereo until people warmed up to us. Later I got my first taste of a male stripper. Yes, I've put pictures of that too in Flickr, but we were good girls. It just didn't feel right not giving the man ANY money, since he did drive all that way from the big city and all. I mean, he had to shave his entire body! I expect diamonds for remembering to shave my arm pits.

Giving him $4 and making him dance just seemed like the right thing to do. I'm sure Miss Manners would agree. ;)

Anyways, today I've made some meals, dug up my yard with Mrs. T and taken a nap. Now I've convinced theMan to go swimming and do our laundry so we can finish off an awesome weekend mellow and cooled temperature-wise.

Be sure to check out the pictures to the right. I'm pretty sure some of them can be blackmail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home