11.04.2005

Back in Black

Hey doodz! It's Kitten reporting live from my couch! I got dismissed from the hospital this morning around 9:30 a.m. They removed my drainage tube this morning and I got to eat a breakfast of solids instead of pureed goodies. My Grams even snuck me in some bacon. Last night my blood pressure went really low but they said it was probably due to me being in bed for almost 2 solid days so I was cleared to go home.

The only real complications where after my surgery my heart started racing and I had to be put on a bunch of monitors and stay in recovery for much longer. I choked the first two days when I'd try to drink or eat anything but really that's about it. My voice is also fine although right now all I can muster is a low sexy purr.

It feels good to be out and back at home. I'm still in pain and I'm kinda woozy and exhausted though. Plus I can't fully hiccup or cough so that sounds really weird. The worst times are the late afternoon, early evenings. That's when my energy level really drops and I sleep pretty much the entire time. Right now I'm waiting for theMan to get back with my Vicodin.

Speaking of theMan, despite the lovely picture he posted of me (wasn't my hair bitchin!? It was soaked with saline and iodine from the surgery and still is) he has been a gem. He stayed by my side all night both nights, carrying my IV for me when I was rushing back and forth to the toliet. He also helped me persuade the nurse that I was not using that fucking bedpan anymore. I had to keep some of my dignity. He even got all teary when he saw me in the recovery room. Bless his little heart.

Thanks to eveyone that has called and sent things. You guys make me feel like a million bucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home