10.11.2005

GWO 10 & Sis's Birthday Party


IMG_3331
Originally uploaded by MizVoid.
First things first, I need you to spend a little of your collective good karma thinking about my GWO Sister tomorrow when she goes for her surgery to test her lymph nodes for cancer. She needs the lovin' so make me proud.

Secondly, I had yet another BAD ASS GWO! This time it was held in Chicago. For record keeping purposes, here is an account of what went down:

Friday: Met theMan & Erica at the train stop and we went and picked up Jen at the airport. We got her luggage before we found her but she was happy to be on the ground and we were all happy to be back together. We got in the car and of course talked non-stop until we got home. Sis had made us homemade pizzas and pasta leftovers from work, so we ate up and sat around and talked more. theMan chaufferred us to the local bakery to load up on cakes and chocolate and before long we were conked out for the night.

Saturday: We got up early, ate breakfast at Square Kitchen, talked some more and then rode the train downtown to State Street for shopping. I think this was the first GWO where we didn't need a loan officer to handle our debt from shopping. It was still fun though. We even helped Jennifer figure out how to tie a scarf at Filene's when we made a mess of their silk scarf collection! (See Flickr for proof) After shopping we stopped at Garcia's for the largest burritos and cokes on the planet and the conversation quickly turned to sex talk. One of our favorites. After eating I had set up the girls with a surprise full body one hour massage while I cooked for the party. Shelby the massage goddess made them both look like they were drunk after they emerged from the table. We cooked a HUGE feast for Jamie's party, complete with mushroom alfredo pumpkin tortellinis, cheese ravioli, baked breaded chicken and turkey meatballs made from scratch. Nothing is too good for my sister! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!

People started to arrive and Jen & I decided to polish off a bottle of wine by ourselves. Everyone seemed to have a good time, although it ended pretty early. Us GWO Girls couldn't stay awake any longer so while people partied in the living room, we passed out all cuddled up in our bed and poor theMan had to sleep in the recliner. It was nice to be close to my girlies though.

Sunday: We woke up and mingled around a bit. I made some omelets and toast for the girlies and we headed out to get our pedicures. Pedicures are AWESOME. I used my gift certificate theMan got me for my birthday and I plan on going back at least every couple of months. The lady talked us into an eyebrow waxing too. My first and let me tell you...that FUCKING HURTS. I will probably not sign up for a brazillian anytime soon. Although my eyebrows look fairly hot now. Poor Erica though had a reaction and we all walked around with red foreheads for a bit, hers lasting the longest.

Later we tried to go to a wig store to find Jennifer a wig for when the chemo starts, but it was closed. So we opted for a jaunt around Evanston and to see our chick flick, "In Her Shoes". That turned out to be a great movie, not necessarily even a chick flick. I don't even think that's a good term....it just showed women interacting with each other. I don't think we gotta have a name like chick flick to downgrade it or there should be names like "dick flick" for filims like Die Hard, etc.

After the film we met the roomies for Thai food. On our way out of the restaurant though, the residents of my fair city decided to send Erica a warm welcome by throwing an egg at her from a passing car. We laughed about it thankfully and chalked it up to her Clomid attracting eggs, but still. How shitty was that?

Later that night Earth came by with the coolest freaking gift for us as well as Sis's birthday present. 2 Halloween items straight from New York delivered in his art truck with his big Scottish hands and big Scottish heart. What a sweetie.

Monday morning we were awakened at 5:00 a.m. by the upstairs neighbor when they decided to use a hammer for 20 solid minutes. Let me tell you, I was so mad I nearly lost my mind. I banged on their back door, the front door and even called them but they never answered. I was so flabbergasted that they had managed to wake up 5 people at 5:00 a.m. that I put a sock on a broom and beat it on the ceiling. That finally stopped them but of course, I needed to get revenge. Today I left wet towels in the washer during their laundry time all....damn....day. Later when we went to the store we found the box to what I assume they were putting together this morning by the trashcan so I drug the box to the middle of their parking space in the garage. Hopefully when that stupid bitch had to get out of her car to move the box, she was more than a little inconvenienced.

At a more reasonable time, we got up and took the girls to their prospective returning points. Even got a good therapeutic bitch fest in with Erica on the way home about our parents.

Of course we talked about Jen having cancer, and there was sad overtone for me this weekend. We cried and hugged and maybe we even hugged her a little more than usual this time. But I think it was a good distraction, a way to let off steam and laugh a lot in the middle of all this crap heaped on them. These girls mean the world to me, I realize it every time we talk, email or get together. I'm not letting them get away from me either. These GWO's are more than a reason to help the local economy. They need to occur to keep our sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home