9.29.2005

Great News!

NOT! I just got a call from my surgeon. They looked at my CT Scan results and they said the cyst in my throat is actually in the thyroid gland instead of on the outside like previously thought.

So...I have to have my entire thyroid removed on that side and just rock out with one. He said I shouldn’t have to be on medication for it but they will keep a close eye on it and if so, I’ll just have to take a pill the rest of my life to steady it. They also want to do an ultrasound on my other one to make sure it’s not funky as well. So this means an extra day in the hospital and possible drugs the rest of my life, but that’s not for certain.

I think my ass clenched up when I got the call and the nurse said, "The doctor wants to talk to you about your results." After what Jen is going through, it sorta set me on edge. Thankfully things are okay so I'm not bitching. Jen wins the award for shitty scary medical drama of the year and I'm not edging her out with a little thyroid problem. But it is strange to have to have a body part removed.

So yea, there's my news. Weeeee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That is scary. My surgeries are all outpatient, so I think you qualify for a major medical event. It doesn't seem quite possible that all this is happening in our little group of friends does it.

Next week I want to put all your dates on my calendar, so we can keep all these doctor visits straight.

7:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home