8.12.2005

Big Fish

The actor who played the giant in Big Fish died. That makes me sad.

Hmmmm…

Sis is making me birthday ribs straight outta her Bon Appetit subscription in a couple weeks while my cousins are up and let me just give you a little tidbit into the recipe….apple butter, bourbon, ginger and sweet sweet pork all grilled up to perfection followed by a 2 layer brownie cake separated by ice cream, fudge and strawberries on each layer.

My thighs are quivering yet at the same time going to banish her from the house.

Last night was the final night in the wood paneling methinks. Today is our appointment to hand over money and get keys in return for the glorious air conditioning and full shower that I’ve only seen in my dreams. Even if we don’t get anything moved, I’m sleeping there if I have to put a pillow in the bathtub.

I still haven’t packed anything else, but it’s a short trip to the new pad, so I’ll just throw it out the window onto the sidewalk for theMan to load in the car. Screw it.

Last night I celebrated by polishing off a bottle of wine at dinner with my bud from Ohio and enjoying her company by talking non-stop like we do so well. She was in town on business (thank you Chicago for being a big city) and we got to sample some Cajun wonders on her company’s account. Besides world peace, the first thing I’d do if I was rich is fly my special ladies in every other weekend so we can have talks like those had last night. We talked so much the waiter kept having to come back because we couldn’t focus enough to read the menu. Ahhhhh.

Speaking of the waiter…a waiter at the restaurant gave me his number when he gave me my doggie bag. Like a good wife, I slipped it inside the food to go and gave it to the first homeless person I saw but god bless him though. A little flattery never hurts in my book!

So why not further make this blog more of a “what I’m doing today” by telling you about my weekend. Not only are we moving but my mom is coming up to help and an old pal of mine (he’s not old, just our friendship is) from the original country is stopping in to “wash his balls in our sink” and give me a patented Easton hug. Sadly his wife and gorgeous children aren’t coming along, but one Easton is better than none. I can only describe these lovely people as “delicious.” I miss them muchly.

So anyhoo…hopefully I’ll have internet back at home and I can post some pics from the film shoot in Indiana and of our new pad.

Side note: We found out that my cousin’s organs went to 3 people: 2 mid-40’s men and a 76-year old woman. I like to think he helped someone’s fathers and grandmothers. That really helps, ya know?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

After I got home and read the letter myself I realized there was a second page. His eyes went to 2 men, 80 & 81, in Florida. So he helped a couple grandpas, too.

8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home