6.02.2005

Pass the Chocolate

I read recently where blogs are only good when there is some sort of drama to read about. If that's true, then it should be a edge of your seat day here at Just My Blog for you.

In true bullshit corporation fashion, my boss pulled me into his office last Thursday to tell me they were going to lay off my husband. Thus giving me the responsibility of telling theMan myself. In fact, they must have assumed I did a great job of passing on the news because theMan had to go up to the Boss's office yesterday and drag it out of Boss-man. ("Prick" *mutters under breath*)

So yea, theMan has 2 months of pay coming to him, then nothing. I'm sure we'll be fine eventually, and I know theMan is going to bust his ass looking for a new job. It just sorta blows since we weren't looking to live here but another year anyways and quite honestly, we were living pretty high on the hog. It was comfy. That and making huge efforts to pay things off. I can be thankful that we did get a few large things paid off before this news.

Last time this happened back in C'ville, 3 months later we moved to Chicago and it's been great ever since. So maybe this is the labor pains of another little evolution in our life. Who knows. I just know I'm the worry-wart of the family and I'm doing my best to hold my shit together without hiding under the covers.

I shouldn't have cancelled therapy today. But maybe that is my way of hiding under the covers, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Sorry about the news. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Hmmm...could there be any job openings in a large city in Ohio...

5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home