5.23.2005

The Republic of Tea

Okay, so I've hit a plateau in my weight loss (actually think it's less of a plateau and more like I've been too busy to keep up with my weight lifting and don't get me started on the food offered on sets....cookies and chips sound healthy to you?). I've lost more weight than I have in years, but I have, at the very least, 20 more lbs. to go. So I've been scouring the web and theMan's Men's Health magazine and all over I've read nothing but great things about Green Tea and how it kick starts your metabolism as well as fighting cancer, etc. Of course, I'm not an idiot. I'm still weight lifting, eating right, etc. but anything extra helps right?

Now, I'm a black tea girl, L-O-V-E black tea. Have at least a cup every single day. In fact, I leave my tea bag in the entire time I'm drinking it so I absorb every single leaf of flavor. I used to even suck the water out of it when I finished the cup. Thankfully, I stopped doing that when I began to leave the cave and drink tea in public. Basically, I like it to be the color of molasses and taste just as thick. But I'm currently staring at a cup of what looks like chicken broth but nope, it's green tea and ugh, it tastes like sticks.

So my quest for anyone listening is, do you have a flavor of green tea you love that is also strong? Here's the exceptions: I do not like lemon or berry flavored anything. Please help!

2 Comments:

Blogger Echo said...

Check out Teavana: teavana.com. I hate green tea myself but they have some really yummy blends. Third floor, Water Tower.

7:14 PM

 
Blogger darren e. logan said...

my personal favorite is Genmaicha which has toasted rice in it. mmmm...givces it a nice earthy roasted flavor. i'd also recommend going for something like gunpowder tea. there are definitely some stronger green teas out there. the cheap stuff is usually pretty nasty. even B&B doesn't ahve a greentea blend i like.

8:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home