5.19.2005

Herr Doc-toor

I don't think I'm going to go much more into detail concerning my therapy sessions on here anymore. I have been going every 2 weeks now. I'm almost ready to take it to once a month or every 3 weeks, but not quite. I'm doing well, making progress, having more confidence and control and learning how to deal with experiences and people in my life. This is the best money I have ever spent on myself, ever.

I wouldn't hestitate for a second in encouraging anyone to go just to get things off your chest with someone that will not judge you or form opinions based on their relationship with the people you discuss. It is literally the best thing I have ever done for myself and that is a strong statement.

My doctor is great, but you know that I already want to have her children. Today we talked over the time limit, almost 20 min. and it was me that finally wrapped it up. I got lucky, I won the therapist/doctor jackpot on my first try. Thankfully too because I imagine the wrong one or one that pushed a bunch of drugs on me, and I would have been turned off the whole process.

I can discuss blow jobs and say "fuck" at will with this lady and she doesn't bat an eye. She's got the "non-judgemental" body language down to an art form.

I did learn one piece of advice from her today that I will pass on. (Maybe that's what I'll do, just pass on tidbits instead of lengthy transcripts of the session). She said that when you feel a certain way you should tell people in the form of an "I" statement. If you say, "I am feeling very discouraged by this argument." The other person can't argue with you on how you feel, they can't say, "No you don't feel like that!" So that gives you some power and umph behind your emotions and you will take care of yourself easier with this thought process. I liked that piece of advice, then no one can make you feel like what you feel is wrong, basically.

Anyways, I'll get off the soapbox. Thanx for listening though. I've had some great discussions from people that have read my therapy recounts and wanted to apply some things, etc. If you want to email me in the future, I love discussing this.

So yea, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home