4.18.2005

Wow. No Really.

Um, I don't even know where to start. Other than to say the film I worked on this past weekend is going to turn out beautiful. Thanks to the lovely director, the extremely talented DP (and my favorite mexican) and my god, his lighting crew. And yes, our bad ass set design.

I can't tell you how amazing, actually just to drive the point home...how FUCKING amazing, everyone was. Everyone on set was extremely skilled, got down to business and yet laughed and was friendly the whole time. I met some great people who I desparately hope I get to work with again. Plus, it was nice to see Jen K. get to direct with a crew she could trust. It's an easy shoot when the Director feels taken care of. The only meltdown we had was an actor who freaked out, but looking back now, it was funny.

Both days started at 8:00 a.m. and went until 6:00 p.m., pretty much straight through. We hung things from the ceiling, we did painting touch-ups, there was major wood construction to be done, plus general running around all day. I had a great support crew though, that let me boss them around all day both days. Thank God.

I know, I'm gushing here. But it was just an incredibly amazing experience. And even when I was up 15 feet on the dinosaur (a rolling staircase thingy) filling my lungs with feathers or picking up trash, I couldn't stop smiling.

You know, when you're exhausted but you're having such a great time it doesn't matter?

So anyways, I have over 200 pictures which I will add to the Set Design album tonight and throughout the week. I'd love your comments too when you see the pictures.

Wow. I'm still beaming.

(Also, theMan's birthday was a great time! Thanx to all who came along! The restaurant food was kind of a let down but it's amazing what breakfast in bed, a blowjob wake-up call and the Illuminati will do for your mood. He was surrounded by friends, and that's what really rocks on your special day.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home