4.07.2005

Director's Cut

"And it came to pass that Kitten would get exactly what she wanted and now is too exhausted to carry out the plans." Laws of the Universe, 66:6

Great news! I met with a new director Tuesday night and got hired to be semi-Art Director for his film! I'm soooo freaking excited too. I get to work with him on props, prop design and dressing some of the set. Plus, the best part, I get to help him make these plant costumes based on an animated series he created on his last film. Hopefully I can show you guys pictures, but I feel like I should ask permission first. They are hilarious, take my word on it!

We film Jen K.'s latest adventure next Friday and Saturday and I'm starting to feel the pressure. Last night was our big production meeting and I left with several things undone. We are running out of time to finish them. I know they will get done, I just hope it's not Thursday night at 2:00 a.m.

And well, I'm tired, bone tired. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating a simple fact. I work all day, then I've been out running until 10:00 p.m. or later almost every night on projects. It's great, but damn I wish I could give up my day job. It's exhausting.

But I know that things will slow down again and I'll be craving some projects, so I'm hanging in there. I just cannot wait for the day I'm paid for this as a job. No more Accounting or secretary work! Wooo hoooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home