3.22.2005

30 lbs. of man meat missing

This past weekend involved a couple parties with enormous amounts of incredibly tasty but unhealthy foods. Since theMan & I have been on the quest to get healthy (notice I didn't say DIET, hate that word) he is Mr. Willpower and I am usually considerably less. Mostly due to my medical condition. I have a disease when it comes to dipping. I must dip a food in something else. And when you go to a fondue party, well? I'm pretty sure dipping healthy apple slices in sinful dark chocolate is not canceling each other's fat content out, it's all I'm saying.

I'm not putting myself down, however. I'm working very hard. I haven't had fast food in over 2 months, I can mostly make good decisions and I've stuck to all organic foods.

However, theMan has now lost 30 lbs. and seeing him at the party eating nuts while I'm elbow deep in the cheese fondue pot with anything I can get my hands on, I was in awe.

30 FUCKING POUNDS.

To be fair, he's started the heathly eating trek before me. He was cutting portions, etc. since Thanksgiving, but still. I can't get over it. And with his weight loss has come another revelation about myself. (It is my blog. You knew I was going back to me!)

I like a man with muscles.

Now, I'm not talking about big gnarly veiny muscles or those muscles that make it look like you have no neck. I'm not even that into 6 pack abs. I'm talking about beefy shoulders, muscular legs and a strong chest. A man that looks like he could pick you up. It's absolutely yummy. I'm all the time coming up to him and squeezing him or biting his shoulder blade. I just like it so much.

So if there is one motivation for me, it's him. He's come a long way and he looks fantastic. If he can look at a bowl of chocolate peanut butter fondue without pushing other partygoers over to get to it, then so can I.

Well, mostly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home