2.15.2005

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Over Côte de Porc aux Poires Epicées and a glass of Touraine Sauvignon Blanc at dinner on Saturday (isn't Copy & Paste fun! It makes me look like I can speak what I just typed!), I figured out why I wanted Valentine's Day to happen so bad. Why I felt the need to list things I wanted, or remind theMan about it weekly. It was bothering me that I just had to celebrate this stupid commercial holiday. Then it hit me.

Basically, it was so I could brag to you all.

No, I'm kidding, of course. I really just missed dating my husband. I have several friends who are currently in the gooey, fun, nerve wracking beginning stages of relationships and I look at them and think, "Yea, I miss that, a-lot." It's fun to not be able to keep your hands off each other, to get excited about seeing that someone, to get dressed up for someone hoping they'll tear it off you later. It's fun and I miss it.

Sure there is a comfort to long relationships. It frees you to do other things, but then again, it can get stale too. Boring or repetitive when you forget to show each other why you want to be with them all this time.

So it doesn't bother me anymore that I wanted to actually celebrate something so commercial, because honestly, I want to celebrate it more than just one day.

That's the point, right? To not have to narrow it down to one day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home