12.28.2004

Ph-a-tooey

Dang it. I had to cancel fun-tastic plans for New Years because we're broke from vacation (darn strippers) and still really really sick. Like constantly hacking, no energy, sneezing, blah sick. So sick in fact, we've taken to sleeping from pretty much 7 p.m. until the next morning all week when we barely drag our carcasses out of bed for work. Alas, yet another blah New Years and I'm missing the lovely Aimee's Rib-eye perfection too. Damn it.

So it's been non-stop movie watching when we're not sleeping, because what else is there to do when you're sick at home? Expect TONS of movie reviews.

So far I've consumed: Mevin Goes to Dinner, Chocolat, Napoleon Dynomite, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 1, 2 and part of 3, and various Star Trek episodes from the box set we bought my dad for Christmas. Let's go through them, shall we:

1.) Melvin Goes to Dinner: I was attracted because it's directed by one of the guys from Mr. Show fame. However, very slow starting. In fact, several times I almost gave up. But between runs for OJ and Kleenex, I stuck it out and the ending was satisfactory enough. Although I don't think I recommend it to anyone other than those who like watching people have conversations. Let's just say "It's okay" but remember, I can stand watching "The Big Chill" over and over and over and over.

2.) Chocolat: Fucking fabulous. My god....chocolate, tales of an independent spirit turning a town upside down and Johnny Depp with an Irish accent. Fuck me, I found a favorite!

3.) Napoleon Dynamite: We watched this 3 times at my dad's house over Christmas. And I already want to rent it again to watch it more and memorize the "dance" scene. GO GET IT, GOSH!

4.) Aqua Teen Hunger Force Box Sets: One of my new favorite cartoons for adults. I'm addicted. I need help. I'd say Volume 3 is my favorite so far. You know how some shows take a few seaons to get a groove? This one takes about 2 episodes.

5.) I won't tell you anything about Star Trek, because as much as I was subjected to it when I was young, I can't remember alot. I only know that "Shore Leave" is my new favorite episode of Season One. From the back cover: A White Rabbit, Don Juan and a Samurai Warrior? These strange sights await Kirk and the crew when they beam down for shore leave on a mysterious planet. Smoke some pot and have a look.

More to come, at least as long as this freaking cold hangs on. Ahhhh-chooo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Jent said...

If you don't turn that light back on . . . I'm going to really lay on this horn.

1:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home