11.08.2004

Oh Snap! (A long one)

First, 2 headlines today that frighten me:
1.) Karl Rove (the man with his hand up W.'s ass making him talk) says they will push a consitutional amendment banning gay marriage this term of W's presidency.
2.) There are more CIA agents working on "projects" with the FBI on American soil than any other time in US history.

Weeee!

Okay, now that's said...let me tell you a little about my weekend, okay? Friday night I got into Ohio pretty late, but still had time to talk and prepare some things for the shower the following day. That and eat pickles, yum...pickles. On Saturday we woke up and started in on the food and decorations for the shower. People started to show up around 12:00 so we dove right into the food and games. By that point I think we were all tired of looking at the food and not eating it. Hee hee.

The shower was really nice. Samara puts on quite an event and we got to meet some chicks that Jen works with who I think I'd be friends with if I lived in Ohio with her. Very fun chicas.

After the shower, we sorta vegged out before heading to some great mexican food and Babies R' Us to help Jennifer get the rest of her goods she needs for Grace. I think Jen thinks we were bored shopping, but I personally was having a blast. We then came back to Jen's house, got in our PJ's and dove into putting together the mega-complicated stroller/car seat thingy we got them as a gift. Note to stroller manufacturers: Just put the freaking directions in the box, not tucked up inside the plastic of the car seat! Later we played some cards with Jen's husband, Eric. I ended the night by getting my ass handed to me at Soul Caliber 2 with Eric in his mega-video game playing palace.

Yesterday however, I think my karma came back to me. Columbus Airport employees must have been reading my blog & my annoyance with Ohio because I got the full on "you're a terrorist treatment" while trying to leave their fine city. First, I had to get my ticket from the counter instead of the little machine because I was flagged. Then the security guard announced, "Miss, I think you should take off your shoes before coming through the screener." After she let people before me go through shoes intact. Then they screened my bag twice before having to go through it with gloves. One screener looked at me accusingly and said, "This bag is really full." To which I replied, "No shit, that's what happens when you travel!" I was more rude than I needed to be, but it was early and I was getting annoyed.

They ended up finding a plier/screwdriver combo thing in my backpack that I forgot to take out. It didn't matter that I had come through O'Hare with it, they had to confiscate it. Oh well.

The visit with my sister was fun when I got back. We went out to breakfast (saw Darren, what a small world), went book shopping and then met my mom and Grams for dinner and dessert in Indiana. It's too bad we can't do that more often actually.

Ended the night by watching "Saved". Really good movie, I must say. It actually took a few turns I wasn't expecting, and it definitely poked fun at the parts of religion that drives me up a wall. But it's a comedy and light-hearted, not a total "HATE GOD" movie by any means.

Also, I made a decision on the Adoption Agency job. I called them last night and said I could not interview for it at this time due to the pay. However, I left them a few options (i.e. working part time in the evenings to learn the business) and hopefully they will contact me about them. I know that pay is not the only reason to have a job, but I can't afford the pay cut, simple as that. Surprisingly, I'm not as depressed about it as I thought. Of course, I would have loved to take it but it's not the only opportunity that will come my way and hopefully the next one will come at a better time. So, that's that.

Whew, long one but at least now you're caught up. Hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home