11.04.2004

Bummer dude

As we toasted to our loss of freedom last night over coffee, it felt like my entire city was in a state of depression over this election. I feel something on the horizon. Like impending doom mostly.

I didn't expect the world to change overnight, but I guess I assumed the rest of the country was as tired of the bullshit as I was. It mostly frightens me that we now have 4 more years of fundamentalist "christian" idealology in the White House telling us what to do and apparently missing that chapter in the good book about killing and compassion.

Someone mentioned on a blog yesterday that it's kinda funny that all the states that had terrorist attacks voted Kerry: Pennsylvania, DC & New York. Apparently they weren't buying Bush's plan to end "some" terrorism either. The terrorism that happened on his watch, no less.

My prediction: Draft for our impending war in Iran, forget about clean air or the environment, and if you want your middle-class kids to go to college, better sign up for the military to pay for it because there will be no financial aid. Well, unless you're rich. Oh, and if you're gay, you might as well start packing for Canada. You are the new target, my friends.

Yesterday a friend of mine's lesbian boss actually cried when Kerry conceded. Also, several people living here from other countries told him that their parents are forcing them to leave the country now. I realize that is not the whole population, but it's scary to think about.

My gut reaction: You guys that voted for Bush can feel free to be the first drafted.

I still need a drink.

Edited to add something fitting from the Guns & Dope party:

Little Tony was sitting on a park bench munching on one candy bar after another. After the 6th candy bar, a man on the bench across from him said, "Son, you know eating all that candy isn't good for you. It will give you acne, rot your teeth, and make you fat."

Little Tony replied, "My grandfather lived to be 107 years old."

The man asked, "Did your grandfather eat 6 candy bars at a time?"

Little Tony answered, "No, he minded his own fucking business."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home