11.03.2004

And the drum roll please...

The best excuse I've heard for voting for Bush to date:

Last night a friend of ours called to tell us his parents voted for Bush. The reason? Moral issues, namely if they have a gay guy come to their church that wants to teach Sunday School, they can tell him no without fear of lawsuit.

Which leads me to this question: What the FUCK is wrong with people in Indiana! We aren't going to be able to discriminate people just because they ban gay marriage.

I've been to their church, several occasions when I was a Christian, and their biggest problem isn't gay men wanting to teach Sunday School. They should be more worried about sincerity. But I'll leave it at that.

I'm not as sad as you might think. Firstly, it's not over. Secondly, we had record numbers of voters show up to the polls and that is inspiring. And thirdly, regardless of what happens, it's so close that basically 50% of the country didn't want Bush in office.

I wanted to move to Canada this morning until I got on the train and a lady was pulling our her hair and eating it, while telling people around them that "You're pretty." I love this country, I ain't going anywhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

You seem to not like to group people into one huge, bigotous bunch but then you criticize those from Indiana. I personally live in Indiana. Actually I live in a city that claims to have the most gays per capita next to San Francisco. We are an extremely liberal town but just because many are doesn't mean all are. I personally am a strong conservative but just because I am, doesn't mean all those in Indiana are. Just thought I'd point that out.

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Kitten said...

I should have been more specific. I meant from my hometown. Ha ha! Of course, I'm over generalizing for sheer entertainment purposes. I know not everyone from Indiana is a mongoloid and that everyone that voted for Bush isn't like these people. I just had to share the "best" reasons beacuse they were stunning to me. I'm not grouping anyone with anyone, sorry if it came off that way! Thanks for writing!

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home