9.15.2004

Take this job and shove it up your ass, old man

Last night I got a SCREAMING lecture over the phone (speaker phone no less) about something absolutely stupid from my boss. I wrote a memo because we kept canceling a meeting I was trying to set up for him to discuss our company website. This pissed him off apparently. He was screeching that I'm just a secretary, I can't make meetings (um, he told me to), he knows I never tried to set up any meetings about the website (I have 3 memos proving I did) and he's fucking tired of this bullshit and that this isn't a democracy...etc. I literally put the phone down on my desk and listened for it to go quiet about 2-3 solid minutes later. He was screaming obsenities at me, which wouldn't bother me if I could scream them back.

So, I've had it. It's usually stupid when he yells anyways. The man has Alzheimer's and a major drinking problem, but this was the last fucking straw. I'm done.

So I wrote a letter to the Vice President (his wife) telling her I will not be overseeing the computers any longer because I cannot take the mental and physical frustration and stress. That I was hired to do Accounting and that's what I'm doing.

If this letter doesn't change anything, I'll tape a note on my computer that says: "Fuck you, I quit." and just walk out. 2 weeks notice is a courtesy. Just like treating people like they are human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home