6.04.2004

That Don't Sound Good, Bill Murray

I must brag about theMan/theSheriff just a little, so induldge me. Ever since we bought our new car it has been bugging the shit out of him that there was no connector for our iPod. You see, he hates CD's....loathes them even. I can't blame him. It is annoying to have 100+ cd's out in the car and with my downloading habit lately well, we're going through CDR's like toilet paper.

So what does he do? He downloads information off the internet on how to take apart our dash, remove and solder a connector to the back of our car stereo and puts it all back in so we can now just hook up our iPod to the car. He didn't even leave a scratch anywhere. No more CD's! And to really let me know he's changed from the old Sheriff, he tells me he did it all for our upcoming camping excursion.

This is the same guy that refused to go on any kind of vacation a couple months ago. I feel spoiled.

To celebrate we met up with Jen K. at the Music Box last night to view "Coffee & Cigarettes" by Jim Jarmusch. Overall the movie was decent, not fabulous but generally okay. I'd wait to rent it, but that's me. I really liked a couple of the segments: Tom Waits and Iggy Pop, RZA, GZA & Bill Murray, and Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan. But like a little star-crossed teenager I was also impressed with the White Stripes clip.

Wanna hear a confession? I was absolutely in pure lust over Jack White in that segment. A nicely built man in a tight shirt with dark hair and oh, that voice. I never knew how cute that guy was. Yea, so I'm a teenager, sue me. That's going to be a nice mental image for quite awhile.

Anyways, the weekend plans are forming today. Tonight, we are hopefully going to eat grotesque amounts of raw fish, tomorrow is the Richard Metzger event at Quimby's and Sunday is poker night.

In the immortal words of MXC: Get it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home