6.02.2004

Trama in the Nether-Regions

Well today has been both lucrative money-wise and gross, girl parts-wise. Without giving too much disgusting information I started the day off with theMan & I desperately rooting around in my lower regions for that ever elusive "missing string." God, the joys of being a girl. That failed search resulted in me visiting the GYN office and left with a $300 bill and there wasn't even one up in there to be looking for.

Gross. I think it's official, I'm blonde. I mean, who else but a blonde forgets if there is or is not a cotton rocket in her love canal!?! Christ.

Anyhoo, now I've got good news! I was just offered what looks like a easy breezy photo job for a charity event next Friday. I'm hoping to make a few bucks off the deal and a free dinner to boot. The only bummer is it's formal which means I have to find something to wear, that and hob-nob with richies.

I am nervous though, as always. The pictures they want are simple snapshots of people having a good time at the party, so nothing portrait-like which should be easy enough. However, the last time I picked up a camera for an event was a friend's wedding. I couldn't get my camera to work and I shook like a crack whore with these stupid tremors I get so most of the pictures turned out blurry. Thankfully there were a few keepers but how embarrassed I was! I still wince even though they were totally gracious. Not only was the groom a photographer I totally respect but the wedding party was full of artists and gallery owners. So yea, I'm a little gun-shy, sue me. I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to pictures. I'm never satisfied and I don't trust myself. Probably why I don't do it professionally.

Oh but how I love to sell myself. I told these charity co-chairs that I used to have a mini-photography business and I've done weddings, etc. Which is true, but I'm sure they were assuming more than I'd actually done. I just couldn't stop the self-promoting. We'll see. If they hate it, I'll just move to Mexico with the money and the negatives. They'll never find me! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That is the craziest story. Better safe than sorry though. $300! Sounds like you need better insurance!

8:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home