5.26.2004

I Think I'm Turning Japanese, I Really Think So

I did it! Weeee! For the first Professional Assistant Day I did not get totally shitfaced! We started out at Japonais at about 12:15 p.m. Ordered cocktails (if you ever go, get the Floating Orchid!) and talked for about an hour. After a cocktail or 2 we ordered almost all the appetizers on the menu and about 4 orders of different kinds of sushi as well. My god, the sushi was incredible. Whitefish and California Rolls are currently my favorite but the spicy eel was intense too.

About half-way through the appetizers, my boss asks the waiter to bring out another round of all the food on the table!! He also orders sake for everyone as well. The sake was going quick between the men and the conversation was actually getting good. I like talking about anything other than work with these people.

We finally pick each plate clean of the sushi and then order our entrees. I got the salmon with rice porridge in teriyaki sauce. GOD!!!!! It was probably the best salmon I've ever had. After dinner we each ordered a dessert and another cocktail. At this point I'm doing really good on alcohol, especially since we've been there for about 3 hours. I had green iced tea with my meal and though most of the others are feeling it, I'm doing great. Usually at this point I'd be shitfaced.

As we were leaving my boss stacks $20's on the table for each of us (I got $80), tells us how much he respects and loves us and loaded us in the car to drop us off at Hugo's Frog Bar with an open tab!!!!!!!

I didn't stay long at Hugo's though because I had to meet theMan at the House of Blues. The show ended up being pretty good. I personally think Dirt is the stand-out musician of the band. After they played we went to where he was signing autographs. He left us backstage passes but he could only get 5 and there were 7 of us. No big deal though, since we still got to hang out. He had all kinds of groupies and during the show people were actually singing along. That surely means something! He even got to sign some chick's tits. Now, that's rock n' roll baby. (Sorry, no pics the HOB wouldn't allow cameras.)

He finally got to come over with us and hang out. He hasn't changed at all. Still really sweet and cool, one of those guys you know that fame isn't going to make him a total asshole. His little brother was with us and Dirt kept getting chicks to give him a hug. It was cute.

Anyhoo, we were all pumped after that so we headed to Potbelly's to visit Rodney and keep him company. He was suppose to go with us but his stupid job made him work a double. Sad. Then onto the old roomies place and then to bed. Kind of one of those days you don't want to end.

Now it's Hump Day and I'm back at work. Awwww...come on 3 day weekend and Leather Mart! Whoo Whooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home