5.27.2004

Oh, Sushi You're So Fine, You Blow My Mind

I'm quickly becoming a sushi addict. From the looks of magazines and TV, I'm a little late in getting with this trend amongst the yuppies, however, it's a trend I will happily follow. If it's yummy I don't mind being a conformist.

I figured I would be turned off because it's mostly cold (although the hot variety is extra good too) and because it's raw fish. Everything about my mid-west redneck upbringing suggests that raw fish is certainly not edible. I spent many a summer catching fish with my grandparents where if we handled raw fish we were forbidden to touch anything else. My great grandma could gut a catfish like nobody's business. But I digress....I was quickly proven wrong about such logic after I tried a sampling from every dish at this heavely little joint.

Now I don't know what I would order if I only had to pick one. Probably the california rolls or anything with whitefish or tuna, but I certainly intend on narrowing it down as frequently as possible. I just had sushi on Tuesday and I've already got a hankerin' for it again.

That and I keep thinking it's Friday all day. We are closing our office at 12:00 tomorrow so I get a repreive from the joint for a couple days. Whoo whoo!

This week has been fabulous. Tuesday's good eats and rock n' roll and last night we went on a bike ride in an area that I didn't even know existed with some pals. They even climbed a tree? Yes, you read that right...climbed a tree in Chicago!?! They do exist you know.

I'll post some pics of that later tonight. Awwwww....summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home