6.14.2004

Clammy Clamerton

Does anyone else feel like work is just an 8 hour distraction until you get to do something cool?

Friday I took the photo assignment and went to the charity event to take pictures for my boss. My god. I've never felt so good about being middle class in my life. Most of them were snooty or soooo self involved. I'd take a picture of a woman and she'd demand I use a flash or to see the picture to make sure I hadn't "cut off her head". I'd show them the perfectly fine picture and they'd be rude and outright blame me for their hair being weird looking or whatever. I just kept smiling and thanking whatever god gives out finances and brains that I hadn't ended up like these fucking skeletons in Prada.

After I finally got most of the pictures taken I hit up the free bar and threw down a couple vodka & grapefruit juices, followed by some caviar on what looked like stale potato chips. Tasty but odd. I drank and took great comfort in knowing my boobs were some of the only real ones in the room.

Saturday we went and found a new putt-putt course with our pal Rodney. Here's proof I love my man: He lost his ball in the "river" running through the course so I hike up my pants and dive right in, wading through the moss and gunk to find his ball. Yea, sometimes I'm a good wife. Oh, and we also found a new course to hit up. Of course, only after we've taken 18 hits of acid each.

Later that night we went to Schaumburg for some eats and shopping. If you want to confirm your high IQ, visit a mall. You'll instantly feel better about your intellect even though your body issues might outweigh that feeling. It was all short short skirts and stupid conversations. I'm sure I sound elitist, but damn. It was consumerism at its best.

Rented a couple movies you readers should definitely pick up. We got some Richard Pryor stand-up comedy called "Live at Sunset Strip." I had never watched any of his stand-up and damn if we didn't pee a little watching this one. We also got "Where the Buffalo Roam" with Bill Murray playing Hunter S. Thompson. Pretty good too although I think I still love "Fear & Loathing" more. Also got the new Playboy and it has a great interview with Michael Moore in it. Please pick this up, it's quite interesting.

Sunday we cleaned the house and bought some shelves which I procceeded to put together in only my underwear and a fan blowing on me because it was 150 freaking degrees in our little sauna of an apartment. I hate being hot, hate it. That clammy feeling your skin gets....ugh. Last night we went on a bike ride with some pals for a couple hours. Ended up biking through some pretty secluded trails for several miles. This city just keeps on surprising me.

Ended the weekend with some grilling out and good conversation. This summer is just a blast so far. I thought 2004 had potential but damn. This week is Skinny Puppy at the Vic and we've decided to go to New York for the Disinfo event....plus I get to see my sister in a couple weeks. If only I could not work, I could get so much more fun in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home