3.10.2004

Those who know us know that we've always wanted a hearse....pretty much since we were in high school. We desparately searched for one to pick us up for our wedding but couldn't find any funeral homes that would oblige 2 people with a spooky soul.

Well, fate seems to have intervened. There is one for sale right on our block! It's not our ideal year, but 1974 was before they changed the headlights so it'll do. I was driving to the grocery store on Monday and about ran off the road to pull over and get the phone number off the "For Sale" sign. Last night we went and checked it out. The guy with the hearse turned out to be really cool. Quite a character. It was the first time I had sat in the driver seat and I instantly fell in love. I also instantly felt sympathy for school bus drivers too as the thing was ENORMOUS. 5,300 pounds of dead body hauling capacity!

So we don't have any definite deals made yet. He's gotta come down on the price a little I think. We're going back Saturday for a test drive and to talk price. We'll see!!! If not, there is a hearse dealership in Cincinnatti I think we're going to make a pilgramage too. It's where this hearse came from so they definitely sell used ones. I couldn't be more excited that I have a husband that is as weird as I feel for wanting one of these beauties.

Also checked out some seriously bad electronic music last night. But hey, the company was good. Plus I finally got to watch a little of "Time Bandits." I felt like such a traitor to Terry Gilliam for not having viewed this film before. So sorry Terry.

Anyhoo...what's up with you guys?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home