11.03.2008

Steel Magnolias is relevant in every conversation

...and here's proof. Email chain from work:

Co-Worker: I wonder if we have a voting code on our time sheet so we don’t have to take PTO. I seem to remember seeing that, or maybe that was my old gig. I could be mistaking one gig for the other.
Me: Not sure.
Co-Worker: You know, most of my friends and siblings are getting out of work at 3—pretty much the whole city is shutting down. We are staying until 5. Ugh. I am not holding my breath, but it would be nice. Polls are going to be packed. I don’t know if I would be able to make it to my place in time.
Me: Well you should have voted early. Why do you hate democracy?
Co-worker: HA! I swear to goodness I forgot we had that option. But you got me. I do hate me some democracy.
Me: Democracy only wants to help you help yourself. Let it in.
Co-worker: But, but, I have been hurt before. It’s hard to open up again. It’s hard to trust. I am afraid of letting anyone in. I can’t do it on my own.
Me: I could run to Texas and back BUT MY DAUGTHER CAN’T!!!!!!!!
Co-worker: SHE NEVER COULD!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home