10.11.2008

Beautiful

There is something so stunningly beautiful about the photo of Angelina Jolie on the cover of W magazine, taken by Brad Pitt that I cannot help but comment. I believe it has something to do with her genuine smile, that she is breastfeeding (possibly) her child, that it was taken by her lover.

…but it’s not a technically great photo and guess what, it doesn’t matter. This is the type of moment I want to catch as a photographer. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not good with the technical side, lighting, etc. but I absolutely love catching people in their pure moments, making them feel gorgeous. This photo reminded me why I do it.

And this quote from her, doesn’t hurt either:

“I’m with a man who’s evolved enough to look at my body and see it as more beautiful, because of the journey it has taken and what it has created. He genuinely sees it that way. So I genuinely feel even sexier,” says Jolie…

Clearly her photographer for this picture feels exactly this way. I just think I’d like to make more people feel like this after looking at themselves on “film.” So I’m going to keep at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home