12.20.2006

Touching end

After the funeral today and after a day of family events, I decided to go ahead and go to my office x-mas party. They took us across the state lines to a dive bar where you cook your own steak. It was amazing, amazingly bad. Place was packed and we were eating on styrofoam plates and drinking out of random cups, even one from Taco Bell.

As they announced our meat was sitting on the grill waiting for us to cook it, I noticed the other ladies made their men cook their steak while they waited at the table. I was having none of that! If the point of this dive was to cook your meat, well....I went straight up there and cooked my own. In the mix with a bunch of burly dudes.

As I stood there and sweated in that awful heat around at least an entire cow roasting in front of me, I smiled inside because I bet my Grandma would have done exactly the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home