12.27.2006

Niagra, Niagra


Due to watching the film, "Niagra, Niagra" theMan & I can no longer see a baby doll or Barbie of African descent and not say "Black Barbie Head" in our best Canadian accent.

Anyhoo, while shopping at the Wal-mart because there is fuck-all else to do in this town, we were searching for cheap toys to entertain the Monkey who will be visiting this weekend. I thought to myself "Baby Doll!" since she seems to have taken a fancy to one she received as a birthday gift. There were no cheap baby dolls anywhere except for a slew of black ones on the back shelf. All the white $4.88 baby dolls had seemingly secured homes.

Oh, is everything a blog post or social commentary? I think so!

Fuck it, we said and we purchased it. If anyone asks Gracie we'll teach her to say, "I'm her mommy! But her birth-mommy was from Ethiopia." Then I'll have Gracie pout in her best Angelina Jolie and call out for her man-servant Brad Pitt to round up the rest of the kiddies and let's get back on the jet already!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home