11.21.2006

Word Puzzles

I finished up my applications and paperwork to start school tonight. I'll be honest, I drug my feet. I had to take this little "mini-course" tonight to see if working online was the right way to go for my Bachelor's Degree for me. I like to call it the "Are you lazy?" test. I suppose they want to know if I couldn't muster up enough energy to complete a mini-online course...how would I expect to complete an online study of say, business law.

Yea.

I passed and I finished it on the night I said I would when I penciled it in my handy day-planner. I'll take that as a good sign. Unfortunately, this means other areas of my life are going to start suffering on January 2nd.

I just keep thinking about my BFFs (to be completely middle school, I love that acronym. I'm so close to getting them all those heart necklaces where I wear one half, and they wear the other....don't tempt me Mall Jewelry Store.) All of them are swamped with projects, kids, school and side business ventures. Not to mention keeping their marriages happy, their homes functioning and themselves adorned with fashions that can only be on sale and only match their dangly earrings.

Seriously, where the hell is the Lifetime channel and why aren't they making a sappy TV series of these women? We are southern accents and a black ex-con-turned-decorator away from being the ladies on Designing Women. Except we have cancer, infertility problems, jobs most of us hate and a lack of interior decorating skills or shoulder pads. But I think that's what would make this series BETTER!

I'd, of course, wear the stupid shoulder pads if it meant finally getting other people to experience these powerful ladies weekly in their living room.

It's hard to be lazy around these ladies quite honestly. So when I submitted my final piece of paperwork and signed off on the $10,000 in student loans for the next 18 months, I thought of them. Oh how they inspire me to be a better person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

GOD! I love all the ladies in my life, too. aaawww.... wipes away a tear

6:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home