11.08.2006

Bottom feeder


Photo 25
Originally uploaded by MizVoid.
Let me tell you, my mood has lifted considerably. It's not because things are working out either. theMan and his uncanny ability to shut down factories has been laid off again, our dog has taken to wearing expensive sweaters and dancing like a white man, I'm being turned down for every job I apply for and I was recently denied entrance into the Bachelor program I really wanted unless I want to take another 18 months of extra classes.

But it just feels like things are going to look up. The crest of the wave. I feel calm. I'll be honest, the weekend of Coen's birth I wanted to throw myself off a bridge. I was crawling out of my skin. I was seriously considering either checking myself into a place or driving to the country until it passed. Oh that familiar black fog. But...it's lifted.

Coen is great, my sister and BIL are wonderful for each other, my husband has been spectacular about looking for employment, my family is all surrounding us, my friends are fucking spectacular....I just feel good.

I'm also considering going back to school. If I can't get into the program I want, I think I'm going to work around it. Wish me some luck on getting financial aid. And if I have to stay at my current shithole, they've promised me a promotion to office manager. No more dealing with mean old women.

I also get to hear Coen squeak on the phone daily and I'm 2 days away from smooching and squeezing one of my favorite people under 2 feet tall. That is good for the soul.

I just gotta remember to look past the moment. I think that's the most important lesson I learned from Dr. Happiness. A moment can feel black, but it won't always be like that.

Quick somebody make me a shirt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home