11.13.2006

Du Haast

Is this year moving at the speed of light for anyone else? Early in the year it's slow because you are waiting for the snow to finally stop (well, if you live in the Midwest). Then summer and there's only a month before it gets sweltering. Then fall so beautiful but gone so fast...and the slippery slope to the holidays and it starts all over.

I've got an overwhelming urge to yell "stop the world! I wanna get off." Maybe I'll just play the Vanilla Ice song that shares nearly the same name. Think Allah would listen?

After spending the weekend with BFF, the Ohio version, and looking at her schedule for the next 10 years while she trudges through medical school it gave me more than an overwhelming sense of inspiration to just bite the bullet and sign up for school again. I was dragging my feet because I didn't think it'd get me anywhere. Now I know that even if it doesn't, I could use the accomplishment to feel good about, quite honestly.

So cross your fingers for me that I get some financial aid.

Also, I haven't commented on the elections but seriously, is it Christmas or what??? Let's recap:

1.) Britney Spears washed her hair and got rid of K-Fed (I told you people, I love celebrity gossip. It's like eating an entire box of chocolates without the calories.)

2.) The Dems are back in control. I really don't like either, but the Dems make me cry myself to sleep a little less at night.

3.) Rumsfield quit. I thought for sure there would be dancing in the street.

4.) I have nearly convinced theMan not to throw himself out of a moving vehicle in protest of putting up an actual x-mas tree this year. OH joy!! Our first real tree!!! Expect lots of pictures of me ecstatic and theMan scowling in the background with arms folded across his chest.

5.) I get to see Coen 3 times this month and I just got to see Monkey. Yum!

So yea....this year, the holidays aren't bothering me as much. Thank you Britney & Rumsfield. I owe ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home