10.10.2006

Sustainable for you

I haven't mentioned this yet because I wasn't sure how to properly bring it up. Kinda like when you're at a dinner party with a ton of hiply dressed intellectuals and you're desperately trying not to be a wallflower since Cosmo gave you all those great conversation starters. There's this girl telling all about her recent trip to Paris and you wonder when you can chime in with "Hey, I'm apart of this great group that can and will help our community!" without sounding like a groupie. Because damn it, you want people to listen to you! (and think you're cool too.)

Ahem.

I've become involved with a group called Sustainable Indiana, and I'm quite excited. Right now my involvement has been cataloging the library of 300+ books they have so people can search for them and find topics easily when they visit the library the group is starting. I've never been more excited to use Excel.

It's quite depressing right now living in HomeTownVille for us, due to our jobs, but if we are going to do this properly and live here, then I want to give back and make this town great. Make it a town people like living in, not claw their face off of to get out of. And in the process, make it a town that people can thrive in.

This group is going to do just that. I can't wait to watch what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home