6.22.2006

Hipsters

Today in the Red Eye paper on the train, there was an article about "Urban Golf." At the mention of the word "golf" I think immediately of "there is grass that doesn't house a Wal-Mart." But no...this was different. There were pictures of what the paper called "hipsters" in tutus smoking cigarettes hitting tennis balls under cars.

Apparently there is a "fad" in Chicago where you get some clubs from a thrift store and hit balls down an alley at a target to see how few strokes you can get. The goal might be a dumpster or a truck or something, but the best part is the attire. The more fucked up the better.

DAMN...now I wish I wasn't moving. Wonder if I could spark some interest in this in my hometown.

There is also "capture the flag" for urban dwellers as well where you run into other people's territory to get the flag and get back without being caught. The hitch, it's usually set on a busy street or something. Love it!

Darn those "hipsters" are creative.

Today's use of quotes " " brought to you by Britney Spears interview on Dateline. I think she is my new obsession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home