6.23.2006

Good-bye Chicago


Good-bye Chicago
Originally uploaded by MizVoid.

Last night we had an impromptu last gathering on the Yeck?! for memories and peach pie. It was our last night being a resident in Chicago, surrounded by our loved ones, although I guess we are still paying utilities and rent here until September 1st. I never thought this day would come.

There is no good way to sum up everything I love about this town or the people in it. They know they take up real estate in my heart so a cute summary just won't do. And everytime I willing paid that $75 for a parking sticker, the city of Chicago knew I loved them as well.

So we're going as soon as I can get out of work today, of course, after some sushi with co-workers. Because really, raw fish is exactly the last meal I want to have here before we go to Applebee's-ville. Blah.

Full set of pictures from the YECK?! gathering here.

Internet access will be random for probably a week because we aren't getting it turned on at the new place right away. I will keep you posted.

And thanx for riding, keep arms inside the car at all times.

Edited: Oh and might I mention that the number 23 is following us again. 6/23/06. Let's hope it's a good luck charm.

More updates: On the side of the moving truck, "No. 23, dolly good, hernia bad." Damn you 23!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home