5.01.2006

Wife Liberation Front UNITE!


IMG_4551
Originally uploaded by MizVoid.
Go here for more pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrs-t/

I’ve uploaded pictures from yet another Wife Liberation Front: Girl’s Weekend Out!! This one was held in Indiana at Mrs. T’s house. Although it was awesome and we had some good laughs, there was an undercurrent of sadness. Our great-grandfather was put into the hospital. We thought he was dying Friday but turns out he is going at that a little slower than we thought. Still a great time though and I’m glad if we had to go through a hospital visit, it was with my girlfriends.

A recap:

Thursday night: Sang at the top of my lungs all the way into Mrs. T’s house. Stayed up until 3:00 a.m. because I couldn’t sleep (thanks probably to the leftover tiramisu Mrs. T graciously let me consume before bed…hee hee). Watched some good movies though and finally passed out.

Friday: Mrs. T. & I went to a florist to plan flowers for Sis’s wedding and came back to the house to meet Jennifer. Once she got there we hopped back in the car to get some Chinese food in the ville. We ate pretty fast and had a ton of time to kill so we went road farming around Montgomery County for awhile before going to our Grandpa’s retirement party.

During the party we got the call about our Great-Gramps. Decided that neither of us wanted to see him dying in the hospital so we went ahead and got tattoos in town while we waited for news. (You can see the pictures of that in my Flickr and here). This was Jen’s first tattoo and we were doing it to celebrate her almost finishing all her breast cancer treatments. I went first, then Jen, then Mrs. T. We sandwiched her in so she could hopefully feel more comfy. Ha ha! Turns out she didn’t need to feel comforted because she’s already planning more.

Our tattoos mean the following: Mine is 3 blue stars for my WLF group and light blue because that is my favorite color. Jennifer has Chinese symbols for “Survivor” in pink for the Breast Cancer Awareness color. Erica’s is a sisterhood symbol which we researched and found for her and in blue because she likes that color as well!

After we left we went to our grandmother’s for a big family get together and to check on Great-Gramps status. He ended up being transported to a bigger hospital in Lafayette but he was sure to ask the ambulance drivers to pick him up a “wizard” from Dairy Queen on the way. Love that guy. So we stayed there and talked and visited with family until late.

Saturday: Lounged around and went to breakfast at IHOP, then Target then a visit to the hospital to see Great-Gramps. He was pretty good, much better than I envisioned. The prognosis is that his prostrate cancer has spread to his brain and his kidneys are slowly shutting down. It won’t be long, but right now he’s ready to go. He keeps telling people he is going to visit family then go see his wife (she is my great-grams that passed away but came back in time to save my watch when we got robbed!).

We met Heather at Mrs. T’s house and made lunch. We spent the rest of the day playing cards, then dominoes then making pizzas. Jennifer and I drank 2 bottles of wine while the other ladies opted for mixed drinks. By 11:00 p.m. we were toast. Finished the night by watching “Memoirs of a Geisha” and going to bed.

Yesterday we all left and I came home and stayed in my PJ’s most of the day. Another lovely weekend with my girlies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home